Monday, February 4, 2008

How to Tip the Cocktail Waitress

Hi Dollie -
I've been reading your site for a couple of years now - I think I stumbled on it when I was looking for resources on how to tip properly. I subscribe to a couple of online newsletters and one just arrived today, explaining how to tip. I thought you'd find the section on cocktail waitresses interesting.
You should be able to access it here: http://tk.publicaster.com/DC/ViewEmailInBrowser.aspx?646C76=3338383335&736272=33592&66=30
Between suggesting you order 2 drinks at a time and you only tip the hotel maids $1/day, I don't put much faith in their "recommendations." Although they did at least realize that you should tip the full amount a meal would have been, before comps/coupons/etc.
Thanks for having the site up. I really enjoy it!
Tiffany

No comments: